Friday, October 7, 2011

I "heart" the treadmill

Yeah, I know that I've got problems, and  yes you can make fun of me, but it is true.  I happen to love watching ESPN and CNN while soaking my entire shirt in sweat.  If I am not dripping in sweat and I mean to the point where I can ring my shirt out, then I am just not working hard enough.

Anyhow, I don't know what was going on this morning, but I was feeling it at the gym.  I thought someone was going to have to drag me off the treadmill.  I've been trying to live by the motto "Work harder, not longer" so I've increased my speed over the last week so that I can get 3 miles in and still have time to lift within one hour.  I always superset so that I can fit everything in and I've recently been throwing in ab exercises in between sets when I'm lifting heavy.  This way I'm working extremely hard and my heart rate is up there the entire workout. 

This was not true this morning.  I got on the treadmill and did not feel like stopping.  I ran at 7.0 for the first mile, then 8.0 for the second mile.  After that I cut back to 7.0 and didn't look back.  I typically like intervals, but I just felt like doing a longer distance this morning.  After 49 minutes I hit the 6 mile mark and realized I was going to be late to school if I didn't get my butt off the treadmill.  If there wasn't a time constraint who knows when I would have stopped! I feel fantastic right now, especially after burning off 700 calories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment