High protein, high fiber, what else could you want? And, I suppose it is sort of festive with the pumpkin added in for Halloween!
|Lots of colors = healthy|
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of canneli kidney beans
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- a sprinkle of salt and cayenne pepper
- Sautee onion and peppers until they start to brown
- Add in the ground turkey and continue to cook until brown
- Add this turkey veggie mixture to the crockpot
- Add all additional ingredients to the crockpot, mix, and set for 8 hours on low heat.
- Enjoy today and leftovers tomorrow!