Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oatmeal with a twist

Ran 2.5 miles on treadmill (ran the first .5 mile at 7.2 speed, then increase speed by .1 every minute until I reached a speed of 8.0.  I did the same in reverse as I slowed my speed back down.)  This pyramid type of workout was a great change to keep the body guessing;)  It really got my heart rate going that is for sure.

Back Workout:
  • 3 sets/15 reps dumbbell shrug (35 lbs)
  • 3 sets/12 reps v-bar pulldown (60 lbs for set 1, 70 lbs for sets 2&3)
  • 3 sets/12 reps wide-grip lat pulldown (60 lbs for set 1, 70 lbs set 2, 60 lbs set 3)
  • 2set/11 reps wide-grip pull-up
  • 3 sets/12 reps seated row (1 set-60 lbs, 2 sets-70 lbs)
  • 3 sets/12 reps bent-arm dumbbell pullover (30 lbs)
  • 2 sets/15 reps hyperextensions (20 lbs)
Abs:
  • 2 sets of 1 minute plank
  • 2 sets/15 reps side plank
  • 1 set/25 reps leg raises

I decided to opt for old fashioned oats this morning instead of my typical instant microwaveable kind.  I didn't realize how long it would take so my routine was thrown off a bit.  I think they were worth the wait though.  I changed up the Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal recipe from http://www.pbfingers.com/ because I added some nutmeg, just a sprinkle like she suggested, but the taste was too strong!  After adding some peanut butter we were back in business.




Pumpkin Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal (serves 2)



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of natural creamy peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1 teaspoons cinnamon
Instructions:
  • Boil 1 3/4 cup water
  • Add oats and reduce to medium heat
  • Allow oats to cook for three minutes
  • Add half of the banana slices and brown sugar to the oats and continue to cook on medium heat for another minute
  • Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, and peanut butter
  • Allow to cook until oats thicken, about two to three more minutes
  • Pour oats into a bowl, top with remaining banana slices 

No comments:

Post a Comment