Rich baked Halloween cupcakes for me this afternoon for my activity at school tomorrow. Hope the kids don't mind decorating a few that are a wee bit brown. Whoops. I can't complain since I didn't have to bake them.
While in a baking frenzy Rich also came up with his own version of a healthy cookie....Oatmeal Pumpkin Delights. They were not only delicious, but also very filling which is important around this place. I ate one and didn't want my dinner!
- 1 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin
- 1/3 cup of egg whites
- 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Stevia or other natural sweetner
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together on medium until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed (approx. 2 minutes)
- Form into 1 inch balls and smash flat with a spoon
- Spray cookie sheet with baking spray and space dough two inches apart on sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!
|Cook squash with the sausage, onion, garlic mixture for 8 minutes|
|Homemade breadcrumbs from two slices of whole wheat bread.|
|Fantastic one dish meal|
Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 6 ounces chicken sausage, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt (I used vanilla flavored which made it sweet)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese pizza cheese
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until onions become slightly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add squash to sausage mixture and cook on medium heat until squash is slightly soft, about 8 minutes.
- Place the bread in a food processor, and pulse until coarse crumbs form to measure 1 cup.
- Stir Greek yogurt and cheese into sausage mixture. Spoon into a casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with breadcrumbs. Spray breadcrumbs with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.