Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Leg Workout for my aching hip

My right hip has been driving me nuts since the middle of last week.  I've never ever had hip pain before and I want it to go away pronto.  The entire socket aches, a deep long lasting ache, and then I get shooting pains down the front of my quad and the side of my leg.  It doesn't bother me at all when I am exercising, but the minute I sit down at my desk or get in the car to drive I want to come right out of my seat in pain.  Once I am up and moving again or I get some Advil in my system then I am okay.

So, what better to do when my legs hurt, but a leg workout! At least I listened to Rich and did not run this morning....I promise you that it just about killed me to stay off the treadmill.

25 minutes Arc Trainer -300 calories burned


Leg Workout:   
  • 3 sets/20 reps Plie Dumbbell Squat (20lbs)
  • 3 sets/12 reps Leg Extensions (70lbs) - Superset with single leg extensions (20lbs)
  • 3 sets/15 reps Stiffed Leg Barbell Deadlift (45 lbs)
  • 2 sets/12 reps Dumbbell Step-ups (10 lbs)
Abs Workout:
  • 2 sets/50 reps floor crunches
  • 2 sets/25 reps cross-body crunches
  • 1 set/30 reps jackknife sit-up
  • 1 set/1 min plank
  • 1 sets/12 reps side plank with 15 sec. hold/reps/15 sec. hold

No comments:

Post a Comment