Sunday night dinner included cashew crusted salmon, sweet potato wedges, and green beans. I made oatmeal banana mini loaves for dessert/breakfast. If I do say so myself, all of the above were a hit! Now that the kids are gone there were even leftovers for lunch today and probably tomorrow as well. That isn't stopping me for cooking and baking as I type though;) I always change up recipes to make them my own and of course add my favorite milled flax seed to everything!
|Cashew Crusted Salmon (1.25 lbs)|
|Can you smell that wild caught Alaskan goodness?|
Cashew Crusted Salmon (Serves 4)
- 1 1/4 lb. wild caught Alaskan salmon
- 2/3 c. raw cashews
- 2/3 c. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. basil (optional)
- 1 1/4 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine cashews, parmesan cheese, basil and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until mixture is fine.
- Top a cookie sheet with foil and place salmon on top of the foil.
- Top salmon with cashew crumbs and place another sheet of foil over the salmon, sealing the fish within the foil.
- Bake for 12 minutes before removing foil and baking for another 3 – 5 minutes, until topping is slightly brown and fish is fully cooked.
|Baked Sweet Potato Wedges|
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- Dash a of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees
- Wash and slice a large sweet potato
- Place wedges in a plastic bag with a tablespoon or two of canola oil, sea salt, and pepper. Shake until thoroughly covered.
- Put wedges on foil covered cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
|My delicious plate!|
|Oatmeal Banana Mini Loaf|
Banana Bread Mini Loaves (makes 2 loaves)
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon apple butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Stir oats, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl
- Add banana, egg white, and apple butter and mix until there are no clumps
- Spray mini loaf pans with baking spray and pour batter into pan
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until loaves are set and spring back when touched lightly on top
Off to take out tonight's meal from the oven!