Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Progress!

Yesterday was our annual Hornet Hustle, a 1.5 mile run to raise money for the school.  I found coverage for my class and joined in with 350 or so students, parents, and faculty to run the race.  I should have learned my lesson from the 10k that starting out in front is the way to go, but all of those bunched up people made me crazy so I started at the back again.  It took .5 mile to get out of the crowd so that slowed my time a bit, but it wasn't terrible.

The best news about this race? I placed 3rd among the adult females with a time of 10:53, which is about a 7:30 min/mile pace.  Not too shabby for someone who hates these shorter distances.  I feel like I am just getting warmed up and the race is over.  Anyhow, it was so nice to have a gym full of students screaming my name when I went up to collect my prize:)  I could have easily sprinted past the pretty blond parent with a huge rock on her hand, I'm not jealous or anything, but I decided that might not look good at the end of the race.  So, I happily took 3rd place;)

My other great news is that I finally hit the 118 lb mark yesterday and I'm holding steady at that weight this morning. Woohoo.   This is the weight that I was before I had my catastrophic arm injury in 2007, and the last time I was in really great shape. 

This morning I got in a nice leg workout and 4.0 miles on the treadmill at 7.0 (34 minutes).   Here is to more progress over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment