Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thunder thighs


I used to absolutely hate working legs because they have typically been the hardest part of my body to train, not to mention the fact that I've had 26 weeks off from doing leg workouts and running in the last year and a half.  Now that I have been back at it for a couple of weeks I have been amazed at my improvement.  I still can't do heavy weight bearing lifts, but I'm doing lots of extensions and hamstring curls.  I'm doing light squats and lunges to be sure I keep all my weight on my heels and not on the injured part of my foot.

Today I was able to do 3 sets of 8 with 100 lbs on the quad extension machine (after doing 5 sets with 80 lbs).  I can remember this time last year when 40 lbs burned my quads.  I'm still not sure how I've made such a rapid improvement, but I'll take it!  Maybe I will have some thunder thighs one day;)

No comments:

Post a Comment