Monday, April 30, 2012

Can I do more?

Can I do better?  Can I run longer?  Can I add another 2.5 lbs of weight to the bar?

The answer is almost always, YES.  I don't know about you, but I needed a bit of inspiration this rainy Monday morning.  I almost never need any additional motivation to get out of bed and hit the gym at 5:30 am because I know that if I don't I won't have the energy that I need for the rest of the day.   This morning was no different, but once I got to the gym I just wasn't feeling it.  

Maybe it was because it was chest day and I knew I had to lift heavy and try to get 5 sets of 5 at 95 lbs on the bench?  Maybe it was because this was the first morning without John (last Friday was his last day) there to open the gym?  I don't do well with change;)  Or, maybe it was because for the first time ever I forgot my water bottle? Whatever it was, I struggled to get through my first couple of sets.  That is when I told myself just to buck up and get it done.  I knew I could do better and I knew whining about the dwindling time left to workout wouldn't help, so I did some supersets and then jumped on the treadmill for a 2 mile run.  

No, it wasn't the best workout I've had, but at least I was the one making the decision to take control of my bad mood and make the best of it.  Sometimes you just have to dig deep and get it done.  Happy Monday;)  I'm ready for a heavy back day tomorrow with my water bottle!


No comments:

Post a Comment