Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Holy obliques

After telling Rich that my waist has been growing, I reluctantly decided to do measurements with Jennie today.  And, I was right....it has grown a full 2 inches!  Holy cow.  And, no I'm not pregnant.  I think the culprit is the weighed side bends that I have been doing over the last few weeks.  My obliques are out of control.  I'm done with using any weights for ab work.  I had no idea that you could develop muscle that quickly and put on that much size.  From what I've read it seems like genetics play a huge role in how you develop these muscles, but weights do not help.

My leg workout:

  • Leg extensions with light weight (30lbs) 2x30
  • Wide stance barbell squat 2x15 @just the bar, 2 x failure @bar plus 40)
  • Leg press (shoulder width) 4x8 (90 lbs)
  • Walking lunges with dumbbells 3x20 (15 lb dumbbells)
  • Dumbbell step ups 3x10 (15 lb dumbbells)
  • Plie dumbbell squats 3x15 (one 20 lb dumbbell)
  • Standing calf raises without weight (not supposed to do these so I only lift my legs slightly)
  • Leg extensions 3x10 (80 lbs)
  • Straight legged deadlifts 3x15 (65 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. i'll take your obliques any day :-) one last date with my good friend OREO and then i'll be on track tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete