Thursday, March 1, 2012

Perfect PB Protein Bars

I tried my hand at making protein bars for the first time last night.  I'll post pictures when I get home...  So far my taste testers have reported that they are awesome, other than Evan who doesn't like peanut butter. I think I could eat my weight in these bars AND they were extremely easy to make, no baking.  The downfall benefit of this recipe is that I had to spend 15 minutes licking the yummy mixture off of my fingers after kneading the ingredients.



Perfect Peanut Butter Protein Bars 
*Adapted from ....Clean Eating Quick and Easy Meals


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of quick oats
  • 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4 scoops of protein (I used Vitol Vanilla Ice Cream Egg Protein- MY FAVORITE)
  • 4 tablespoons milled flax
  • 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
  • Any additional toppings you'd like!  I can foresee adding chocolate chips. walnuts, cranberries, spreading dark chocolate pb on top, etc....  lots of room for fun here!
Directions:

  • Put oats, pb, water, protein, flax in large bowl. 
  • Knead the mixture with your hands.
  • Spoon and spread into 8x8 baking dish that is covered in wax paper for easy removal. 
  • Top with any additional ingredients (chia seeds for me)
  • Place in freezer for 30 minutes. 
  • Remove and cut into nine squares. 
  • I'm sure you could leave the squares out, but I kept them refrigerated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment