Sunday, March 25, 2012

Walnut Crusted Salmon

Another Clean Eating Quick and Easy Meals recipe...  I was surprised by this one because I would have never paired cinnamon with fish, but it was YUMMY.

Salads with a protein source are quickly becoming my favorite clean meal.  I had one hardboiled egg on top of a mixed greens salad (walnuts, cranberries and balsamic vinaigrette)  with a side of 1/2 baked sweet potato topped with cinnamon for my lunch 4 days last week!  I'm going to add chicken into the mix next week, but I'm no where close to being tired of this combination!




Walnut Crusted Salmon
Ingredients:

  • 4 salmon fillets (4 oz each)
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • olive oil
  • 8 cups of salad greens
Directions:

  • The recipe called for coating the salmon and then searing in olive oil, but I decided to bake them. 
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover a cookie sheet in foil. 
  • Baste the fillets in olive oil and then coat with the walnut/cinnamon mixture.  Place on cookie sheet and then seal in foil so it does not burn. 
  • Bake for 40 minutes or until fish begins to flake. 
  • Place fillet on bed of fresh greens and top with balsamic dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment