Salads with a protein source are quickly becoming my favorite clean meal. I had one hardboiled egg on top of a mixed greens salad (walnuts, cranberries and balsamic vinaigrette) with a side of 1/2 baked sweet potato topped with cinnamon for my lunch 4 days last week! I'm going to add chicken into the mix next week, but I'm no where close to being tired of this combination!
Walnut Crusted Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets (4 oz each)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- pinch of cinnamon
- olive oil
- 8 cups of salad greens
- The recipe called for coating the salmon and then searing in olive oil, but I decided to bake them.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover a cookie sheet in foil.
- Baste the fillets in olive oil and then coat with the walnut/cinnamon mixture. Place on cookie sheet and then seal in foil so it does not burn.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until fish begins to flake.
- Place fillet on bed of fresh greens and top with balsamic dressing.