|Rich's unhealthy version;)|
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk (i used almond milk)
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (i used spelt)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- quart of strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepot over low heat. Cook the mixture for 20 minutes or until it is jam-like. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add the almond milk and oil and beat until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cornmeal, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray hot skillet with cooking spray or use butter and cook pancakes for about 1 minute on each side. Be careful-they brown quickly!
- Top with strawberry sauce and serve!