Wednesday, March 21, 2012

6 more weeks...

I am now without my boot!  Dr. W is in the process of getting my bone stimulator approved.  As long as that goes well, I'll be using the stim on my foot every night for the next month or so.  I am free to train on the bike, arc trainer, elliptical and in the pool.  THANK GOODNESS.

It will still be six weeks until I am allowed to run, which stinks, but at least I have some other options at this point.  It is going to throw a wrench into coaching track since I can't do the long distance runs with the team and it is going to stink to go to track and field day and not run the mile with the kids to keep them motivated...and it is going to stink not to play in our student-faculty basketball game this Friday.  But, I know that this is all temporary and I have to just keep setting new goals.

So for now, I'll be doing some serious interval training on the bike and arc trainer.  I'm already coming up with lots of variations on routines.  I did 10 minutes on the arc trainer Monday, 15 minutes on the bike yesterday, and 20 minutes on the bike this morning.  I think I'll still to easy intervals and work my way up to 30 minutes by the end of the week and then start pushing it next week.  I still need to get a metal turf toe insert from the running shop before I can really push myself.  Hopefully I can pick it up this weekend and be ready for cardio next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment