- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (i used almond milk)
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup raisins (i used golden)
- I also added 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper cups
- In large bowl, combine oats and next five ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together egg, applesauce, almond milk, agave, and oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture. Stir just until all dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter and honey in large nonstick pot and heat on low until runny.
- Mix in the oatmeal, dates, and nuts. Stir until all ingredients are well covered.
- Line a 9x9 inch pan with waxed paper. Press the mixture into the pan. Let cool, and then cut into 16 bars.