Monday, March 5, 2012

The Lorax in 3D

I usually don't get overly excited about animated movies, but the fact that I teach about sustainability and we watch the old version of The Lorax in class, this is one movie that I knew I would see.  I'm even contemplating inviting my students to meet me at the theater in a couple of weeks to watch it again.

I typically don't try to watch a movie when it first comes out, but I thought we'd be okay with a cartoon.  Wrong.  We got to the theater 40 minutes early, which we never do because the theater is two minutes from our house, but we wanted to make sure that we got good seats on the top row.  However, they were already sold out!  Hailey burst into tears as we sat down to try to figure out what to do next...We found another local theater that was showing the movie in 3D.  I am NOT a big fan of 3D movies because the last experience left me with a migraine and the glasses didn't fit well, but decided to give it another chance.

I'm so glad that we did!  The movie was cute and I loved the 3D.  They had special kid's 3D glasses which worked great for Hay Hay and she was so focused on the movie that she didn't even bug me about drinks and popcorn and I had to suggest that she eat up towards the end of the movie. 

How could I tell this face that we couldn't see the movie?!

No comments:

Post a Comment