Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eat your GREENS!

Over the last two weeks or so I've seen several postings/articles about kale chips.  On a whim I asked Rich to buy a huge bag of chopped kale so that I could try out a basic recipe.  I chose the bagged kale because it is easier than stripping the leaves and then tearing the kale into bite size pieces.  We were not disappointed by the easy prep and delicious taste and have actually made them the last two nights as our "appetizer" while cooking dinner. 

I highly recommend making these as an alternative to potato chips, but since we don't even eat those, they work well as an appetizer or even a side dish to get your greens in. Spinach goes in my shake every morning and now kale is becoming a dinner staple.  YUM. 

Kale Chips
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Wash, strip, and break kale into bite size pieces (or buy a large bag already prepared)
  • Toss kale in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • Spread kale on parchment paper covered cookie sheet
  • Sprinkle with sea salt (could also use seasoned salt)
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.  (15 minutes works great for me) 
**Should be crispy and a little brown on the edges, but not burnt. 


3 comments:

  1. These look good, I am going to try 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these and they were awesome! I used truffle infused olive oil and put a little garlic powder on it. So yummy! My 2.5 yr old loved them too! Thanks Dana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it! Good call on the truffle infused olive oil:)

      Delete