Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Back=Favorite!

I'm sure you'd never guess from all of the progress pictures, but not only is my back my favorite body part, but it is my favorite part to work as well.  I guess this is because I feel really strong when I work my back and I can see changes quickly.  The problem is that if I don't run after my back workout I get so tight and sore that I get terrible headaches.  Well, you can imagine the predicament I am in right now after taking 7 weeks off from running.  So frustrating, on so many levels.

I have not received my MRI results yet, but it was completed last Thursday.  Give me a break.

Anyhow, back to my back:)  I had a great workout this morning and included a bicep workout as well...my second favorite body part!

Wednesday - Back and Biceps

  • 3 x15 dumbbell shrugs (30 lbs, 30 lbs, 35lbs)
  • 4 x 10 lat pull downs (100 lbs x 1, 120 lbs x 2, 70 lbs x 1)  Yep, pulling down more than my body weight!  woohoo! 
  • 3 x 12 seated rows (1 x 60 lbs, 2 x 70 lbs)
  • 3 x 5 hammer strength pull downs (2- 45 lb plates=90lbs)
  • 3 x 4 body weight unassisted pull-ups
  • 3 x 15 back extensions hold a 25 lb plate
  • 3 x14 hammer curls (20 lb dumbbells x 2, 25 lb dumbbells x 1)
  • 3 x 10 incline curls with 15 lb dumbbells
  • 3 x 10 concentrated curls with 15 lb dumbbells
  • 2 sets of 21's with 10 lb dumbbells
  • PLYO - 3 x 10 push ups with row (8 lb dumbbells)  woof....
Meals for today:

  • Overnight protein oats
  • 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with cinnamon
  • Asian turkey burger and 1/2 baked sweet potato with cinnamon
  • 2 rice cakes with peanut butter
  • Leftover whole wheat ground turkey broccoli spaghetti bake
  • Small cup of Kashi cereal with almond milk  

No comments:

Post a Comment