Thursday, February 2, 2012

I did what?!

After waking up with a pounding headache I decided today is the day to return to the treadmill.  The doctor still has not returned my 8 million calls about the MRI, so I decided to just go with how I am feeling.  So, at 5:30 am I hopped on the treadmill and told myself to just do a 10 minute mile and call it a day.  You know... don't push yourself today, ease back into a routine, wait to hear from the doctor, etc.  Ummm, yeah right.

It just so happens that one of the only other girls that actually runs fast and runs for distance was there this morning and she hopped on next to me after 30 seconds.  Real helpful to my goal of taking it easy.  Not.  3 miles and 28 minutes later, I was feeling GOOD, but I knew I should call it quits for the day.  Looking back, I wonder how in the world I could take 7 weeks off and then jump back up there and pound out 3 miles like it is nothing.  I did control my pace so that I was only running 9 min miles, but it really was a piece of cake.  The girl next to me, who I have been jealous of for the last 7 weeks, finished just a couple minutes after me and really wasn't running any faster.  Being so competitive it was hard for me to watch her run while I was sitting out, but to find out that she wasn't throwing down 6 minute miles makes me feel so much better!

Anyhow, we'll see how I feel as the day goes on.  The glute workout I did today probably did not help the foot situation, but I figured if I was already pounding way, why not just keep going? I am going to be super duper sore tomorrow!

Glute Workout
  • 3 x 20 front kick, back lunge 
  • 2 x 15 bridge with 25 lb plate on pelvis
  • 3 x 15 leg press with 50 lbs
  • 3 x 15 curtsy squat with side leg lift
  • 3 x 1 minute plank with 30 sec rest
  • 3 x 20 side plank pulse
  • 3 x 50 bicycle with 8 lb medicine ball twist
  • PLYO 3 x 15 burpees



No comments:

Post a Comment