|Lots of chopping!|
|Soften veggies in olive oil.|
Chicken Cabbage Apple Soup (serves 8)
- 1.5 lbs of cooked shredded chicken (about 12 tenders)
- 2 sweet potatoes (chopped)
- 2 granny smith apples (thinly sliced)
- 1 c chopped celery
- 1 c chopped carrots
- 3 c chopped onion
- 6 c thinly sliced cabbage (1/2 head)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 -32 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook until softened (5 minutes).
- Add chicken broth and diced sweet potatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add cabbage, chicken, apple,vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes and cabbage are tender. Can simmer for 30 minutes.