Sunday, February 5, 2012

Double Triple

Hailey and "Spike"
 ......As my Dad called it, or 33 years old for me today!  I celebrated with Jennie and Carrie last night and with my family today.  The only thing that I knew going into last night with the girls is that we were going to Eppie's for dinner.  So I was surprised when we went from dinner to Arch's and then from Arch's to get pedicures:)  I always have tons of fun with these two lovely ladies and last night was no exception. 

I had the Santa Monica salad at Eppie's...Baby spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, chopped dates, corn, goat cheese, and champagne vinaigrette, served with pumpkin bread.  It was YUMMY.  And, then I had some vanilla frozen yogurt with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.   Delish.  I'm not sure getting a pedicure was the best idea with my broken foot, but I was really excited about getting one regardless of how my foot was feeling.  It's too bad we showed up 20 minutes before they closed and definitely got the rushed treatment.  Thank you all for a fabulous evening!  I can't wait for our next outing. 

Today, we visited with Jess because she is leaving for a 9-12 month program at a residential facility a few hours away.  I know it is going to be tough for her, but hopefully it will be just what she needs.  Jennie was kind enough to watch Hailey during our visit.  I was starved so we went to Chipotle for lunch, Belk to find myself a present (Seven's jean 50% off....score), and then to Arch's again!  While I was trying on jeans, Rich took Hailey to Build a Bear where she built "Spike" the dog.  I'm not sure Spike is going to stay in one piece for long because she is toting him around everywhere she goes.  She "put his heart in and rubbed it and he came to life!"  And, she "gave him a bath, bought him a collar and leash and put baby clothes on him."  He is one loved pup. 

This evening Rich, Hailey, Evan and I met my parents at Outback for dinner.  I got another big salad which was great.  I'm not sure what my obsession is with salads lately, but I'm digging them.  We got the chocolate oreo waffles for dessert which put me over the edge.  I've had four desserts in the course of 24 hours!  Not too sure my stomach is loving me for this, but you only live once.  I got a sweet North Face down vest and a North Face light rain jacket from my parents.  I think I will be living in the vest....it is super light and warm.  And, I haven't owned a true rain coat in years, so this one will be perfect!

Chowing down on some chocolate waffles at Outback
"Spike", Hailey, Mom and Dad

Me and Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment