Monday, February 27, 2012

Meal Planning

I'm excellent at following a plan once I decide on one and take the time to organize it, but if not, I feel like I am all over the place.  Thankfully I was able to plan out today's meals and hopefully I can pull something together for tomorrow.  Mondays are always busy, so there isn't much time for prep and cooking.  

Today:
  • overnight oats with chia seeds, cranberries, walnuts
  • 1/2 apple with cinnamon and 1/2 cup cottage cheese with trail mix
  • mixed greens salad, 2 scrambled egg whites, fruit compote
  • whole wheat tortilla with natural peanut butter
  • dinner--- roasted chicken and veggies?! 
The verdict at Dr. W's this morning is that I have one more week of crutches and then two weeks without crutches, but still wearing the boot.  I'm cleared to swim next week, but I doubt that will actually happen.  Swimming is not my favorite, but I may be desperate enough to at least try it.  If not, I've got at least 3 more weeks of no cardio.  

In the meantime, I am going to be busy working my upper body like it is my job.  Last week I did 3 sets of 4 pull-ups at the end of my back workout, so I'm guessing I can do 7 pull-ups in a single set.  Nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment