Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back at it!

After a couple of weeks of slack routines in the gym, I'm back at it this week.  I was still getting in 5-6 days a week, but I was stuck in a rut with old routines.  Sunday night I revamped my workout sequence and took time to write out this week's routine.  I think I will follow this routine for the next 3 weeks and then switch it up again.  I would really like to do more Crossfit type workouts, but I haven't gotten the results back from my MRI that was last Thursday so I'm a little hesitant to push myself with exploding moves.

Along with the workouts my eating plans weren't quite up to snuff, so they have been revised for this week.  I did a nice job with my food yesterday until we finished up family therapy at 9:00 pm...agh...so late!  I should have been in bed by then, but instead Rich made chocolate chip protein pancakes and I downed two of them like it was my job.

Yesterday's meals:

  • Overnight protein oats
  • Green protein shake
  • Healthy egg salad (3 egg whites, 1 yolk, 2 tbsp avocado, 4 tbsp plain hummus) on sandwich thin with side of fruit compote (celery, craisins, apple slices, figs, dried blueberries) --thanks, mom!
  • Sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon and dipped in cottage cheese (1/2 cup)
  • Asian turkey burger on whole wheat bun with onions and tomato, served with 1/4 baked sweet potato.  RECIPE BELOW---delish! 
  • Those 2 darn chocolate chip pancakes and a glass of milk!


Today's plan:

  • Overnight protein oats
  • Green protein shake
  •  Healthy egg salad (3 egg whites, 1 yolk, 2 tbsp avocado, 4 tbsp plain hummus) on sandwich thin with side of fruit compote (celery, craisins, apple slices, figs, dried blueberries)
  • Sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon and dipped in cottage cheese (1/2 cup)
  • Some sort of pasta and ground turkey....we'll see!
  • Small protein shake 
Monday's Chest/Tricep Workout

  • 3 x 15 body weight pushups 
  • 3 x 12 dumbbell flat bench press (30 lbs x 12, 35 lbs x 6, 35lbs x 8)
  • 3 x 12 dumbbell incline bench press (25 lbs)
  • 3 x 10 decline cable press (40 lbs)
  • PLYO - 3 x7 push ups on Bosu ball ...AWESOME EXERCISE!!  Check out the video and try these!
  • 3 x 12 legs up body weight dips
  • 3 x 12 overhead rope press (50 lbs)
  • 3 x 10 lying tricep press with dumbbells (10 lbs)

Cardio - 15 minutes on Arc Trainer

Tuesday's Leg and Ab Workout

  • 3 x 20 body weight lunges
  • 3 x 20 plie squats with 10 lb medicine ball (shoulder press)
  • 3 x 75 calf raises, body weight (straight leg, pigeon toe, ballerina)
  • 3 x 10 deadlifts (55 lbs)
  • 3 x 12 lying hamstring curls (2 sets of 40 lbs, two legs contract and l leg lower weight, 1 set 40 lbs flex toes to contract, point toes when lowering)
  • 3 x 12 leg extensions (60 lbs)
  • PLYO- 3 x 50 mountain climbers
  • ABS - 2 x 20 incline crunches
  • ABS- 2 x 15 hanging leg lifts  ** ran out of time and couldn't finish my ab routine

Cardio - 10 minutes on bike

Asian Turkey Burgers (courtesy of Dash of Meg)
Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 3/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 4 tbsp soy sauce
  • sprinkle of ground ginger
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then form into 4 burgers
  • Place on foil covered cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes
  • Enjoy on a whole wheat bun or on a mixed green salad!  Serve with baked sweet potato wedges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment