Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Love

For someone who grew up not eating any red sauce, seriously...no pizza, no spaghetti, nothing red besides ketchup, I'm not sure where my red sauce cravings have come from.  I'm ready for pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, anything that I can make with whole wheat pasta and lots of veggies.  The other reason I think I've been on this kick is because you can make a filling healthy meal on a tight budget.  January is the longest month ever!

My latest creation happened last night.  I guess we'll call it turkey penne broccoli bake.




Turkey Penne Broccoli Bake
Ingredients:
  • 1 jar marinara sauce (Target brand on sale for $1)
  • 1 lb browned ground turkey 
  • 3 cups up cooked broccoli florets
  • 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
  • 1 package whole wheat penne pasta, cooked 
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Brown turkey and then mix in red sauce.  At the same time boil the pasta and cook the broccoli florets. 
  • Mix all ingredients together and place in a deep dish. 
  • Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning. 
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment