Lentil Sweet Potato Soup
- 8 cups of low sodium chicken broth (can use vegetable broth)
- 16 oz bag of lentils
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 diced sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp minced roasted garlic
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp of ginger spice (wouldn't use this again)
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook for 2 hours on high and then reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 6 hours.
- Enjoy with a side of whole wheat toast or corn tortillas.