Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Strawberry Banana PWO Shake

After doing a shoulder/bicep workout this morning, I was craving something different in my PWO shake.  We had a lot of fresh strawberries taking up room in the fridge so I put them to use rather than the old standby, frozen mixed berries.  For the first time in months, seriously at least 6 months, I didn't have enough spinach to put in my shake.  The was so weird making it without any greens!  The end result?  A smooth delicious PWO shake. 

Strawberry Banana PWO Shake (makes 2 servings)

I tossed all of the following ingredients into the Vitamix.
  • 2 scoops Vitol Egg Protein (Vanilla ice cream flavor)
  • 2 tbsp milled flaxseed 
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 6 large strawberries
  • 1 whole banana
  • 1 cup of ice
  • 15 raw almonds





 

1 comment: