Sunday, May 13, 2012

Protein Crepes

Ready for a healthy protein filled breakfast?  These things are to die for!   I love me some pancakes, but even with the gluten-free ingredients I tend to get bloated.  Not the case with these crepes!  I think I may have a new favorite breakfast food.  I downed 6 of these before our track meet so I could get by without food for 5 hours.  They pretty much did the trick!  


Protein Crepes

Ingredients:
  • 2 scoops Vital Egg Protein
  • 6 whole eggs
  • 1 1/4 cup of oat flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp oil (I think I could try applesauce instead, but maybe next time...)
  • 1 tbsp Stevia
Directions:
  • Pre-heat griddle to 375 degrees.   Meanwhile, heat strawberries and a little agave extract, splash of vanilla on the stove.  Let them simmer while preparing the crepes.  
  • Slowly mix all dry ingredients and then add in wet ingredients.
  • Whisk for 1-2 minutes or use a handheld mixer.
  • Spray griddle with non-stick spray. 
  • Pour 1/4 cup of batter on griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip when bottom is slightly brown.
  • Top and/or fill with strawberries and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment