Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Bizzy

After reading a bit on bodybuilding.com last night I decided to switch up my routine.  I've lifted heavy for a little over 4 weeks, so it is time for a change.  I'm still going to incorporate some heavy lifting, but I want to lean out and increase my endurance since I can run on my foot again.

While reading, I came across a new 21-day plan, The Bizzy Diet.  I'll be first to tell you that I hate all of these "quick fix" ideas, but I think they can be motivating and if that is what it takes to get you up off the couch or out of the bag of potato chips then it is well worth it.  I'm going to very loosely follow this plan which incorporates HIIT and circuits.  I hope to add in some heavy lifting as well, and I'll add that there is no way that I will stick to the meal portion of this plan.  I'd prefer to stick to 6-7 meals a day and maybe cut out a few carbs.  Should I put down the frozen mocha I got this morning after I ran with my sports conditioning kids to a coffee shop?  Probably so.  But I never splurge like this and I'll take care of it by changing my plan the rest of the day.

Anyhow, here's the workout that got me dripping in sweat from head to toe....There is NO rest in this routine, you jump from one exercise in the circuit directly to the next.


  • HIIT - 20 minutes at .5 on treadmill (2.05 miles)  1 min @ 6.0, 1 min @ 8.0 (alternating for the entire 20 mins)
  • 30 bodyweight squats
  • Walking lunges with 10lb dumbbells (15 each leg)
  • 75 bodyweight calf raises (25 regular, 25 pigeon toed, 25 plie)
  • 50 crunches
  • 50 bicycle crunches
  • 10 mins on treadmill (5 mins at 6.5, 5 mins at 7.5, both at .5 incline....1.2 miles)
  • Repeat entire leg/ab circuit
  • 3 x 10 leg press with 90 lbs
  • 3 x 15 stiff legged deadlift with bar
This was a good one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment