Monday, September 17, 2012

Soccer Sunday

It's true, I hadn't put my dirty stinking cleats and shin guards on for five years until this morning.  I didn't even try them on last night to attempt to kick a ball around.  I figured it would be too little too late so why bother! 

One of my co-workers, Leslie, asked if I could join her co-rec team since they needed another woman.  In this league you have to have at least three women on the field at all times.  I was hesitant at first, but I do remember trying to look for a league on my side of the mountain during the Olympics so it would be hypocritical not to at least give it a shot. 

And, boy am I glad that I did.  The players on both teams were very fair and respectful, but we all played hard.  We ended up winning 5-1....would have been 6-1 on a goal that I knocked in, but I was offsides.  Damn it.  My legs were already beat down from the 10k the day before, but I played most of the game and ran my ass off.  Left midfield is not the easiest position for me to play, I prefer the center, but I learned to like it today.  I'm sure I'll play better next week now that I have a better idea of how the others play.  CAN NOT WAIT for next Sunday:)

One thing that I don't miss are stinky shin guards and soaking wet feet from the wet grass.  I am already getting tight from my ribcage down, so tomorrow morning should be tons of fun as I roll out of bed and hit the gym;)


No comments:

Post a Comment