Balsamic and Onion Pot Roast
- 3-4 lb roast
- 1-2 tbsp steak rub/black pepper mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c water to deglaze the pan
- 3 large yellow onions, sliced
- 1 c beef or chicken stock
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c tomato sauce (I used 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pour olive oil in pan and brown the roast on both sides.
- Add coconut oil to bottom of crock pot and then create a layer of onions for the roast to sit on top of.
- Rub spices all over the roast and then place in the center of the crock pot.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup of water and pour over the roast.
- Heat the vinegar and stock before pouring over the roast.
- Finally add in the tomato sauce, pouring it over the roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.