Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 2 and 3

Grain-free other than the a.m. oatmeal!  It's turning out that this isn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be....yes, it is difficult to change things up, but finding foods that are grain-free are not.  It's plain and simple, you eat whole foods like veggies, fruits, nuts, and meats and stay away from anything processed/packaged or with grains.

Don't get me wrong, when I got a text asking me what I wanted from Bodos (local bagel shop) it pained me to say two eggs, no bagel.  However, the temptation latest for just a few seconds and I think my will power is here to stay.

Yesterday's meals:

  • Old fashioned oats, flax, chia, almond milk, protein
  • PWO shake
  • Apple with cottage cheese and cinnamon
  • Mixed greens, a few raisins, 1/2 avocado, balsamic dressing/olive oil
  • 3 grain-free pancakes with strawberries
  • turkey burger (no bun), caramelized onions, steamed cauliflower and broccoli 
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk before bed
Today (so far):
  • Oatmeal
  • PWO shake
  • 2 scrambled eggs
  • Leftover turkey burger, onions, cauliflower
  • Salad for snack
  • Birthday dinner with Rich....we'll see if it is grain-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment