Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Going Green...Protein Shake


I've stepped up my protein shake over the last three weeks to include some Chobani yogurt and spinach.  I totally get that the addition of spinach makes my shake look like something an alien gave birth to, but I can honestly say that it doesn't taste much different at all.  Now I get the benefits of adding another serving or two of leafy greens to my diet without actually having to "eat them".  I love vegetables, but this addition makes it so easy to incorporate them into my diet. 


So, my new post-workout shake is this:
  • 1 scoop Vitol Egg Protein (which is backordered!)
  • 1 tablespoon of Chobani vanilla yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons of milled flax seed
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of ice
  • 1 cup of skim milk
  • 2 heaping handfuls of spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment