Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gearing up for the T.T.

Rich thinks that we need to carb up for our big 3.1 mile/5k Turkey Trot tomorrow morning.  He doesn't realize that I run that much on a normal morning and then some, but don't think that I am not going to hit up Mi Rancho or Pizza Hut this evening just for him;) 

We'll see how tomorrow goes....I went from being super excited about it to very frustrated because I have nerve pain down my left leg.  It has been going on for a couple of weeks, but keeps getting worse.  The minute my foot pounds on the pavement or the treadmill I get shooting pains from my hip to my toes.  It is too the point that I'm afraid to run on the treadmill because I keep tripping myself up when the pain shoots down my leg.  The last thing I need is to go flying off of the treadmill.  Anyhow, I made it to the chiropractor on Friday and again today.  After my adjustment she did eletric stem and ultrasound on my low back to try and move the fluid that is building up there.  I hope it made enough improvement for me to actually run the race tomorrow. 

My goal was to run it in under 27 minutes (9 min/mile pace), but I would love to be close to a 7 min/mile pace....maybe 22 minutes?!  I guess it depends on these legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment