Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Weather

This past week was a great one for doing some outdoor activities.  There was a bit of a cold snap in the middle of the week, but other than that we tried to get in some extra long walks with the dogs and do some yard work.  I just got back from a beautiful outdoor run....a long one at that.  6.55 miles in 56 minutes to be exact:)  I seem to forget how much nicer, but harder it is to run outside.  I managed to keep an 8:30 min/mile pace even though it was a hilly and windy.  Hopefully this will help prepare me for the Turkey Trot that Rich and I signed up for this morning.  I wish that it was longer, but kicking off Turkey Day with a 5k should make us feel a little better about stuffing our faces later in the day!

As for enjoying the rest of today's weather, I think we'll be painting the mailbox, installing a new mailbox flag, and trimming some bushes.  We'll see how far we get though because Rich is pounding away at his keyboard trying to finish up one of the two papers he has due this week.  I'm slightly envious that he will finish up this week, get a week off for Thanksgiving, and then only return for two more weeks before the semester is over.  Oh how I miss those days!

I almost forgot that I actually got a bit a of a break this week.  Monday was a work day and Tuesday was election day so I had the day off.  While Evan went to lunch with his therapist, Rich, Jess and I went to Stone Soup and enjoyed our lunch on the patio.  Have I told you how much I love this place?! Rich and I both had the signature salad and turkey cranberry sandwich on multi-grain bread, while Jess had a nice big bowl of tomato basil soup. 

Signature salad with spiced walnuts, blue cheese, and cranberries.

Tomato basil soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment