|Before adding the crust|
|Getting ready for the oven. And guess who was too excited that I forgot to take a picture before we devoured it?!|
Gluten Free Healthy Apple Crumble Pie
- 4 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 golden delicious apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of Stevia
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sprinkle of brown sugar
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine oil, water and salt. Whisk together. Add in spelt flour until evenly moist. Use half of this mixture to coat the bottom of the pie dish.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in one large bowl and toss until evenly covered with spices. Pour into pie dish.
- Use the remaining crust to cover the top of the filling. I made this more of a crumble than a covering. Brush with egg white and then sprinkle with Stevia and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes on bottom rack at 425 degrees. Reduce to 325 degrees and bake an additional 30-40 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Let cool for an hour before serving.