I found a baked chicken recipe on http://www.onefitfoodie.com that I thought I'd try tonight. I altered it a bit, but it turned out fantastic! We paired these with with some boiled cabbage and green beans. YUM.
|Add the filling to one side of the breast fillet|
|Close those babies up and top with flax seed|
|Fresh out the oven!|
Baked Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 12 tablespoons of 2% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup of mozzerella cheese (2%)
- 6 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup of milled flax seed
- 2 egg whites
- Rinse and butterfly chicken breasts. Place on cookie sheet covered in foil.
- Combine cottage cheese, mozzerella cheese, parsley in a bowl. Mix and then spread onto one half of each chicken breast.
- Place 3-4 cherry tomato halves on top of the filling on the chicken breast.
- Fold chicken breasts over, brush with egg white, top with sprinkle of flax seed and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is done.