Monday, November 7, 2011

Baked Stuffed Chicken Breasts

My left outer shin has been bothering me since my run on Saturday, so I took Sunday off and did 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer this morning along with a chest and shoulder workout.  I can NOT wait until tomorrow because it is Election Day, which means NO school for me:)  I can cook and clean and relax after a nice long workout.  I think I'll still to getting up at 4:30 am so that I can workout with Rich and then get stuff done around the house. 

I found a baked chicken recipe on http://www.onefitfoodie.com that I thought I'd try tonight.  I altered it a bit, but it turned out fantastic!  We paired these with with some boiled cabbage and green beans.  YUM.

Add the filling to one side of the breast fillet

Close those babies up and top with flax seed

Fresh out the oven!

Baked Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ingredients
  • 6 chicken breasts, butterflied
  • 12 tablespoons of 2% cottage cheese
  • 1/3 cup of mozzerella cheese (2%)
  • 6 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
  • 10 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
  • 1/2 cup of milled flax seed
  • 2 egg whites
Directions:
  • Rinse and butterfly chicken breasts.  Place on cookie sheet covered in foil. 
  • Combine cottage cheese, mozzerella cheese, parsley in a bowl.  Mix and then spread onto one half of each chicken breast.
  • Place 3-4 cherry tomato halves on top of the filling on the chicken breast.  
  • Fold chicken breasts over, brush with egg white, top with sprinkle of flax seed and pepper. 
  • Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment