I love meals that you can throw together and then sit down and eat without prepping lots of side dishes. I'm already imagining all kinds of variations of this one!
|Before the oven|
|After the oven|
|My fancy schmancy plate|
Spanish-Style Sweet Potato Tortilla
- 1.5 lbs of sweet potatoes (2 large) peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 5 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Steam sweet potatoes for 10-12 minutes (I wrapped them in a wet paper towel and microwaved them for 9 minutes...then cut into slices and peeled skin off.)
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to skillet and sauté onions over medium heat. Once they get soft add in the spinach until it wilts.
- In a large bowl, scramble eggs, egg whites, and salt and pepper.
- Add the sweet potatoes and egg mixture to the skillet and slowly mix.
- Heat on medium-high for 2 minutes. Then transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until firm.
And....just for good measure I decided to make my chocolate avocado mousse with strawberries and almonds for dessert! You can find the recipe here.