Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Over Easy Eggs and Broccoli?!?

My lunch the last two days....a bowl of steamed broccoli topped with two over easy eggs!   Sounds weird, but it was so dang yummy.  The runny eggs create a sauce for the broccoli that is much healthier for you than topping it with cheese!  Easy way to get in some protein and veggies without a lot of carbs.

After hitting the gym twice today (once for chest and a body weight leg circuit and then for cardio and abs) I was feeling HUNGRY.  After I ate my broccoli and eggs, I had a little dessert.  I put 1/2 an avocado, 2 tbsp casein protein, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa, 1 tsp honey in a coffee mug and whipped it all up together until I got a chocolate pudding like substance.  It was just what I needed!


TODAY'S WORKOUTS

Warm up - 2 miles on bike, resistance 7....easy.

Chest 
Flat bench 5 x 5 (95 lbs)
Decline with cables 3 x 12 (45-50 lbs each arm)
Incline bench with dumbbells 3 x 10 (30 lb dumbbells)
Push-ups 3x15

Bodyweight Leg Circuit (complete 2 times through with 1 minute of rest)
Walking lunges - 50
Single legged deadlift - 40 each leg
Curtsy lunge - 25 each leg
Plie squats with leg lift - 30

I had to come back home after this portion because Rich had to get ready for work, but I went back at lunch time to do some cardio and abs.

Ran 1 mile

Bicycle abs 3 x 50
Crunches 3 x 25
Decline crunches with 20 lb barbell 3 x 12
Oblique side bends with 25 lb dumbbell 3 x 25
Stability ball plank with circles 3 x 10 (each side)
Plank 2 x 1 min
Side plank with 20 reps raises

Biked 2 miles with intervals:
-1 minute at 6 resistance
-1 minute at 10 resistance, as fast as possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment