Thursday, June 28, 2012

Change it up!

This week I've changed up some exercises and tried to incorporate more circuit type routines.  Tuesday I did 100 pull ups and 100 push ups by doing 10 sets of 10 of as a superset.  I couldn't do all my pull ups unassisted, (boy would that have been a feat in itself)!  One day, maybe.  I was able to get my heart rate up, work on endurance, and still get in my bicep/tricep workout when I was finished.

Yesterday I didn't do any circuits because my back was nagging me, but I did do a 3 mile run/walk all at an incline of 7.0.  I sprinted for 1 minute at 7.5 speed and then walked for 1 min at 3.0 speed.  Keep that up for 3 miles/30 minutes and you will be pooped!

Today was supposed to be a heavy leg day, but I quickly ran out of time at the gym once I started making up some circuits in the fitness class room.  I am hoping that not only did I burn a lot of calories, but that I also worked my legs quite well.  I was able to get in a giant drop set on the leg press as well as extensions and deadliest before I called it quits.

Today's circuits:

I completed this circuit 4 times before moving on....

  • 25 Side to side jumps
  • 25 body weight squats
  • 25 mountain climbers
  • grapevine run length of fitness studio (down and back) x4
  • kick butts (down and back) x2
  • high knees (down and back) x 2
Next I set up four stations in the corners of the room and completed two circuits of theses exercises:

  • 15 push ups (sprint to next station)
  • 15 hip thrusts (grapevine to next station)
  • 15 burpees (sprint to next station)
  • 30 crunches (grapevine to next station)

No comments:

Post a Comment