Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Today is the day

As you already know, I've had to wean myself off of one night time snack and then another.  Three years ago it was the need to have a chocolate milkshake right before bed.  That turned into a coke float, which then turned into eggos with chocolate chips and a glass of milk.  The most recent nighttime habit is a bowl of oatmeal and sleepy time tea.  Common denominator?  CARBS.

So, today is the day that I give up this habit.  I ordered some Optimum Nutrition chocolate creme casein protein and I've been trying it out over the last week or so.  Casein protein is great to have at night because it feeds your muscles throughout the night since it takes longer to digest.

Tonight I'm going to whip up a bowl of casein pudding before bed and call it quits with the oatmeal habit.


Casein Pudding

  • Add one scoop of casein to a bowl
  • Add 1/3 cup of almond milk 
  • Mix thoroughly until you get a pudding-like substance...add more milk, if needed
  • Put in freezer for 20 minutes if you want something closer to ice cream
  • Enjoy!  
I can do it. I can do it....

2 comments: