Friday, December 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Bon Bons

One of my fondest memories growing up was going to my Grandma Mary's house in Woodstock for Christmas.  Not really because Christmas was a big deal there, but because she and my grandfather owned a family restaurant that they actually lived above for as long as I can remember.  Grandma Mary was always baking up something delicious.  I remember sitting at her kitchen table while she made what seemed like hundreds of peanut butter balls.

A year ago a former teacher from my school made peanut butter bon bons for a school function and for the first time in  years I was taken right back to my childhood.  They tasted EXACTLY like Grandma Mary's PB balls.  After pleading for the recipe I finally got it and put it into action yesterday!  I think Grandma Mary would be pleased with the results!

Going into the freezer.

Dipping!

Heaven:)
Peanut Butter Bon Bons (makes 28)

 Ingredients
•    ½ cup of butter
•    ½  cup of natural peanut butter
•    2 cup of confectioners sugar
•    4 squares of chocolate candy coating

Directions

1.    Cream butter and peanut butter together.
2.    Gradually add confectioners sugar until dough forms.
3.    Roll into 1-inch balls and freeze.
4.    Melt chocolate and then dip the centers until covered with chocolate.  Place on wax paper and refrigerate.

1 comment:

  1. I heart PB Balls. I made Nutter Butter Cookie Balls and with the Food Processor doing its thing, they are almost like normal PB Balls.

    ReplyDelete