Monday, December 5, 2011

COFFEE

Don't ask me how I went through 32 years of my life without even trying to drink coffee.  It wasn't until I was having trouble staying awake every afternoon that I decided something had to change.  I sucked it up, figured out how to brew a pot of coffee, and then drank my first cup; black.  Can anyone say addiction?  I was so jacked up the rest of that day that I felt like I could take on the world Energizer bunny style. 
Since that life changing day about four weeks ago I don't think I've missed a morning without a cup or two or three of this stuff!  I set the coffee maker before I go to bed and wake up craving my next cup.  It easily took the place of my green tea with my oatmeal each morning.  Who would have thought?! 

Now I am on a mission to try different types of coffee and creamers.  So far I have determined that I much prefer a bold taste and simple blends.  My two favorite coffees at this point are Kauai Coffee Company's Bold Single Estate and Startbucks Caffe Verona blend.  We have a coffee bean grinder so we typically use whole bean coffee rather than ground.

As far as creamers go, I prefer something sugar-free like Coffee-mate brand french vanilla.  But I also like the idea of natural creamers like Coffee-mate's Natural Bliss.  All of this coffee talk is making me crave another cup! 


1 comment:

  1. Dude.....dunkin donuts has the BEST coffee EVER. We get it when it is on sale at Target ($6.99/bag).....it is like driniking ice cream!

    ReplyDelete