Friday, December 9, 2011

Awesome Plyometric Routine

At the gym this morning I tried Jamie Eason's plyometric card routine that I found on YouTube earlier in the week.  I really enjoy these type of circuit routines because it keeps the workout interesting and keeps my heart rate way up there!  I didn't have a deck of playing cards, so I just did 15 reps of each exercise.  I was exhausted after one round, but it felt so good to get three circuits done!

Plyometric Routine (15 reps each, did routine total of 3 times)
  • Mountain climbers
  • Bicycle crunches
  • Side-to-side push-ups
  • V-ups
  • Burpees
  • Flutter kicks
  • Dips
  • Spiderman
  • Roll to stand
This routine focused on abs and upper body, so next week I'll try another version with abs and lower body.  I did 10 minutes on the Arc Trainer to warm-up before doing the routine.  Once I got to school I took my sports conditioning kids on a freezing cold (27 degrees!) run to get hot chocolate/coffee.  They loved it and I got in a short distance run before my bone scan this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment