Thursday, October 11, 2012

One-handed Baker


Woof...today was a lot worse than yesterday.  My fingers look like sausages and I'm definitely hurting a lot more, but I'm staying away from the drugs and sticking with Advil.  Other than sleeping and watching tv I didn't do much today.

However, I did get some dijon mushroom chicken going in the crockpot, cooked up some brown rice and invented a new cookie recipe.  And let me tell you, the kitchen smells amazing!




Choco-Walnut Banana Coconut Flour Cookies (long name I know:))
Makes 12 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 4 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp xylitol brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix all ingredients until well combined.
  • Form into balls and place on cookie sheet (spray first)
  • Bake at 350 for 24 minutes




1 comment: