Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Little Tupac



I thought I could use a little Tupac this morning after yesterday's events.  I saw the orthopedist about my wrist and have surgery scheduled for next Wed, the 10th.  He is going to do a De Quervain's release of my tendon and remove a cyst.  The x-ray did not show a bone spur but did show the soft tissue swelling.  The good news is that although everything I'm reading online shows a 6 week recovery, Dr. D is aggressive and wants me lifting in 3 weeks.  He even said if I'm up for it I can do cardio within 24 hours.  Heck yeah!

Anyone interested in watching a video of a similar surgery?  Yeah, didn't think so.  But in case you are a nut like me, here's the link.  At least this time I know exactly what they are doing on the other side of that blue sheet!

More info on De Quervain's Tenosynovitis.

Let's get this thing done and move on...  I plan on growing some legs over the next three weeks:)  Gotta stay positive!


No comments:

Post a Comment