Friday, August 31, 2012

Goal time

Alright, I'm just going to put it out there again.  My goal for the Women's 4-miler tomorrow is to run something under 30 minutes.  I don't think I'm going to be able to shave off that much time, but it was my goal and I'm sticking to it.  My foot has been feeling pretty good, but the compartment syndrome in my right leg that was never fixed is driving me crazy.  After a mile or so my calf muscle fills with blood and goes numb.  The lovely "drop foot" returns making it easy for me to trip over my own feet and it just plain makes it hard to run.  If this wasn't an issue I think I could crush my goal because my cardiovascular fitness is on point.

We shall see what the morning brings!  Do you really need to carb up to run 4 miles? I think not, but don't think for a minute that I haven't been bringing on the carbs all day today;)

I can't wait to post pictures of my race day outfit!  Get ready for the "High Kickin' Bettys"!

No comments:

Post a Comment