Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bump in the road

After a small bump in the road regarding my meals, I am back on the wagon.  The last couple of weeks have been very stressful so I did my fair share of eating quick and easy meals like Chic-fil-a, including fries, gasp! I am not beating myself up about the goldfish grahams, milk duds and popcorn at the movies or chocolate chip waffles, but I am ready to get back on track. I think it is normal for these things to happen and it makes me even more motivated to get myself in gear again.

However, Monday was a new day and I kicked it off with some clean eats including lean beef and broccoli served with brown rice, shredded chicken spinach salad, an apple and cottage cheese, overnight oats, and a PWO shake.

Speaking of my PWO shakes, the latest version includes 1 banana, 1 cup of Chobani yogurt (any flavor), handful of fresh spinach, 2 scoops egg protein, 1 scoop creatine, 3 tbsp flaxseed, 1 cup ice, 1 cup of almond milk.  Rich and I split the shake so there isn't as much sugar.  I'm loving the change, but I'm sure I'll switch it back up in a couple of weeks to something else.

This morning was only the 2nd morning of the entire summer that I did not make it to the gym at 6:00 am.  Rich has been hard at work trying to finish up restoration of his boat and I have been working on other projects and watching the Olympics so we haven't gotten much sleep.  We both slept in until 7:00 this morning!  It was glorious.  I just now got back from a fantastic leg workout and feel energized and rejuvenated after a stressful week.  I'm ready to rock out a shoulder workout tomorrow and hopefully start to see some leaning out results in the next two weeks.

I'm combining 2-3 long runs a week with some HIIT training 2-3 times a week.  I would like to start hitting the track for some bleacher runs, sprints, and other agility training.  This should get the legs to come in a bit better as well.

Get up and get out there today!


No comments:

Post a Comment