Thursday, August 9, 2012

Let's Talk Soccer

It's no secret that I LOVE the Olympics.  I'm so thankful that I have had time off during the day to watch as many events as possible.  It should come as no surprise that I absolutely love watching the women's soccer team.  This group is just as inspirational, if not more so, than the good old days with Brandy Chastain and crew. I watched every single US game and they did not disappoint, well all but one of them.  Hope Solo lost tons of points in my book after she criticized Brandy Chastain's commentary on the game.  I couldn't believe the words that I was reading off of her Facebook posts, disrespectful and disappointing.

Pure joy after beating Canada

On the other hand, I can't imagine being able to be on the same field as Abby Wambach.  She is a class act and is the most motivating player I've ever seen on the soccer field.  Her leadership skills and determination are bar none.  I think I shall start a new campaign, "Abby Wambach for President!"


All of the ladies on this team are no doubt exceptional, but I loved watching Alex Morgan make plays happen out of nothing, Megan Rapinoe's endless energy and drive (oh yeah, and she's my number, 15), and last but not least Amy Lepeilbet's amazing defense.  She is a player that I hadn't paid much attention to in the past, but good lord the girl has skills.  She reminds me of what I always wanted to do on the field; shut down every single one-on-one play and turn the game around.  She's a beast, I tell ya!

Lepeilbet 

Congrats to the US for bringing home the gold, for inspiring our children, and for redeeming themselves against Japan! And did I mention how impressed I was with their game against Canada?  By far the best game I've watched EVER.  Tears were flowing, seriously.

Hmmm, maybe there is an adult league on this side of the mountain? ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment