Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Split Personality

I want to be STRONG.  I want to be FIT.  I want less body fat and more MUSCLE.

But,

I want to be FAST.  I want to run FARTHER.  I want to PR each race.

Nice and sweaty after my run

Yep, I am well aware that running long distances and the training that goes along with it won't allow me to sustain and build more muscle.  Instead I've been focusing on HIIT training; running sprints and hills and then recovering.

But, I signed up for the Women's 4-miler on September 1st and it is just not possible for me to go out and "have fun just jogging."  I want to run well and to me that means being faster than I have in the past.  So I guess I need to continue to lift heavy, but also get my butt out there and put in some miles.

I haven't run 4 miles since my foot injury so I thought I'd give it a go this morning.  I don't know where I get my endurance from because I could have easily kept on booking it, but I made sure not to overdo it.  I had no idea what my time would be, so this was a good test for me.

Ideally, I'd like to run 4 miles in less than 30 minutes....Nothing spectacular in the running world, but I guess that will be my goal for the race?!

4 weeks = 1 minute 15 seconds off my time each week.  Let's see if I can do it and keep some muscle;)

Can't I just have it all?



No comments:

Post a Comment