Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Lesson in Lifting

This morning I met up with Regina, who is a beast (just saying), at the gym.  I haven't worked out with anyone else in years, like way back when we used to go to Gold's in Charlottesville and Walt was my main man in agility training.  It always takes me a while to warm up to someone new and new training, but I had a fantastic time.  We worked through a back routine in about 80 minutes and I can tell you that I will be feeling it big time tomorrow.  Some of the exercises were new, some were old, but the lifting was heavy.  We moved up in weight after just about every set and kept the reps between 5 and 10.  My main issue was my grip strength.  I'm thinking about purchasing some versa grips or something similar to help with this in the future.

I did end up going to back to do 20 minutes of incline sprints, but that was it.  I have been pounding some food since I got home.....PWO shake (banana, fresh blueberries, egg protein, flax seed, almond milk and ice), mixed greens topped with shredded chicken, walnuts, avocado, and olive oil, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with cinnamon and an apple, 1/2 cup cauliflower mash, a cup of Chobani.  Now let's see if I can grow some lats like Regina's!

Again, my mantra....get out there and do something, and better yet do something new so that you will see CHANGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment